- Municipal Services
• Planning Advisory Committee: Council voted to leave the Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use Bylaw unchanged, as the PAC feels that the current range of commercial uses is appropriate. Council asked staff for a report re: height restrictions in the Marine zone.
• Council appointed Robin Joost and Susan Sanford as citizens-at-large to the Comprehensive Community Plan Advisory Team.
• There was an update on the Lunenburg Academy exterior renovation; extensive disrepair including wasp damage have been found, and it is estimated that an additional $150,000 will be required to complete Phase 1. Council agreed to allocate that amount from the remaining $170,000 of Provincial grant money to complete the work. Staff have also applied for an additional grant to offset costs.
2018/19 Town Budget
• The 2018/19 Town General, Electric and Water Utilities Operating & Capital Budgets were approved.
• Property Tax rates were set at:
Residential $1.344 per $100 of property assessment value
Commercial $3.320 per $100 of property assessment value
Seasonal $2.490 per $100 of property assessment value
How is your property tax dollar used? Please see chart below for a breakdown.
• Sewer rates were set at:
Residential $351.75 per year
Non-residential $38.69 per $100 of property assessment value
• Parking meter rates as of July 3rd will be:
$1.00 = 1 hour
$0.50 = 30 min
$0.20 = 10 min
$0.10 = 5 min
• The new Council and Management Expense Policy was approved.
• Grant requests totalling $19,279 were approved by Council to support many local initiatives for charity, sport, culture, and the community. For details, please see the 2018/19 Grants chart here: https://goo.gl/NqtrHt
• Councillor Carnevale is taking a medical leave of absence from Council for 8-10 weeks. We wish him a swift recovery and return.
• Special Event permits were granted for the June 2nd ALS Walk, the June 10th Lunenburg Heritage 5km ‘Muffin’ Run, and the July 14th Lunenburg Board of Trade Street Festival on Lincoln Street.
Thanks to those who came out!