Electric Utility Notice: Planned Power Outage - May 8, 2021
Published: May 5, 2021, 6:55 pm
The Town of Lunenburg Electric Utility wishes to advise all customers of a power outage to take place on Saturday, May 8, 2021 (weather permitting). This outage is required to complete substation maintenance. The Town of Lunenburg Electric Utility’s service provider Nova Scotia Power will be performing this maintenance.
- 1:00am to 5:00am Saturday, May 8, 2021 - All customers of the New Town, Mason’s Beach, First Peninsula and Bridgewater Rd circuits. Affected areas: All areas west of the Lincoln St/Starr St intersection, including Victoria Rd, Mason’s Beach Rd, Tannery Rd as well as the subdivisions of James Rd, Centennial Ave, Green St to Dufferin St/Maple Ave and First Peninsula, Upper First Peninsula, Kissing Bridge Rd.
- 4:45am to 5:00am Saturday, May 8, 2021 - Customers of the Old Town and Industrial circuits. Affected areas: All areas east of the Lincoln St/Starr St intersection, which includes all of Old Town, Garden Lots and Blue Rocks.
For outage map and contacts, see "read more" below.
Read more ...
Project Lunenburg: Public Engagement - May 8/13/26, 2021
Published: May 5, 2021, 1:41 pm
After 18 months of public engagement, Council approval of the Comprehensive Community Plan (CCP), and months of writing, the Town of Lunenburg now has new draft Planning documents: a new Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS), Land Use By-law, and Subdivision By-law. We encourage public input through several opportunities in May. Please note that due to recent public health measures, this will be held online.
2. Open Public Forum: A presentation and Q&A will be held on Thursday, May 13th at 6:00pm on Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/97677129703) and YouTube Live (https://bit.ly/YouTubeTOL).
3. Public Information Meeting: Everyone is welcome to participate and provide feedback to the Planning Advisory Committee on Wednesday, May 26th at 6:00pm on Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/95860968067) and YouTube Live (https://bit.ly/YouTubeTOL).
Read more ...
Public Hearing: Development Applications - May 25, 2021
Published: May 5, 2021, 1:30 pm
Date/Time: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Location: Zoom Webinar (allows for two-way interaction): https://zoom.us/j/99411016102
On April 27, 2021 Lunenburg Town Council gave notice of its intention to consider entering into two development agreements and amend the text of the Land Use By-law as set out in the following applications:
- Application to add a third residential unit through Development Agreement at 6 Victoria Road, PID 600557531.
- Application to add a third residential unit through Development Agreement at 185 Pelham Street, PID 60061074.
- Application to amend the text of the Land Use By-law to add non-conforming residential uses to the list of existing residential uses in the Marine Industrial (MI), including properties at 200, 268 and 272 Montague Street.
Read more ...
Mayor's Monthly Update - April 2021
Published: April 30, 2021, 9:00 am
The latest Mayor's Monthly Update is available! See what Town Council and staff have been working on in April from Mayor Risser.
You can download the PDF
or click "Read More" for a text version.
Read more ...
Town Operations during NS Covid-19 Lockdown
Published: April 28, 2021, 9:49 am
Good morning, neighbours.
In view of yesterday's Provincial directives, the Town Office, Public Works buildings, Fire Department building, and all indoor Recreation facilities will be closed to the public.
All municipal services are still available through other means, e.g., online, phone, email, drop off, etc. See the staff contact list here (click on a name to get an email link).
For more information:
Please stay close to home for the next two weeks, and take care of yourselves. Thank you.
Town of Lunenburg Parking Infraction Ticket and Parking Meter Bylaw – Summary Offence Ticket Approval Update
Published: April 27, 2021, 9:46 am
The Nova Scotia Attorney General and Minister of Justice recently approved the Town of Lunenburg's request to amend SOT Schedule PT to the Summary Offence Ticket Regulations. This includes the Town’s Parking Meter Bylaw noting the section of the Bylaw and various offences for which a Summary Offence Ticket and penalty can be issued. The Minister's Order and accompanying Schedule with these amendments, which are now effective and required to be advertised, can be viewed on the Town website at https://www.explorelunenburg.ca/parking-in-lunenburg.html or by contacting the Town of Lunenburg at 902-634-4410, ext. 226 or 228 for more information.